[CAUT] Origin of P12ths StopperStimmung/tuning

Bernhard Stopper b98tu at t-online.de
Sat Oct 18 08:05:20 MDT 2008

of part of my work, i see the need to post my viewpoint here:

I claim:
1.
Having discovered and described the natural form of the fifth circle,
which is present in nature in the harmonics structure and is in fact a
circle of 12 duodecimes and 19 octaves (1988).

2. Beeing the first having developped a real world tuning (i.e. taking
into consideration of nonlinearities) based on AURAL pure duodecimes
with the help of a DUODECIME TUNING TOOL (a tool spanning a duodecime
enabling to strike the duodecime with one hand while tuning),
resulting in "sweet spotted" aural pure duodecimes (not 3/1
duodecimes). Further using a temperament setup within the range of
such an AURAL duodecime, named the resulting tuning "Stopper Stimmung"
and used the name as a trademark for this tuning (published 1988).
Although StopperStimmung/tuning is BASED on the 19th root of 3,  this
factor is true but for the pitch unison. In fact real world
StopperStimmung/tuning is NOT a logarithmic 19th root of three tuning.

3. (most important)
Having discovered symmetry present in this tuning, eliminating beats
in various chord combinations by constructive interference, und thus
having discovered WHY this tuning sounds so good:  (2004).

4.
Having developped an improved aural tuning method (OnlyPure) using
explicitely the effects of the symmetry caused interference phenomenes
(2004).

5.
Having released a new tuning software which produces a tuning of the
form derived by the methods of claims 2 and 4. (2006).

Best regards,

Bernhard Stopper

PS:
I do not explain anything about the functionality of my tuning
software to keep my technical knowledge proprietary.
I  apologize for the discomfort this may cause, but i hope for some
understanding of this position.