[CAUT] conover grand

Robert A. Murphy Robert.Murphy at oberlin.edu
Sat Oct 18 05:59:15 MDT 2008

Tom,

The 9' Conover IS still at MSU, though not in that practice room.  When
Bill Schneider and I were there we sent it out for a new belly and
finish and I believe that's as far as it ever got.  Perhaps the new
techs this Fall at MSU will at some point get some sounds out of it...
after they've gotten their feet under them a little bit.  It certainly
looks (and weighs!) like a Mason & Hamlin on steroids!

Best,
Robert
Robert A. Murphy
Piano Technician & Curator of Fortepianos
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
cell:    517.285.3269
shop:  440.775.8275