[CAUT] Individual replacement hammers (Renner)

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 14 18:14:35 MDT 2008

Thanks for elaborating, Phil.  That is pretty much the way I've tried it. I
thought perhaps you might have some fancy new trick.

My results have been mixed depending on how long the felt has been allowed
to be unglued, i.e. how far it has sprung open.  And some of the pianos I've
discovered with this problem were of such poor quality to begin with that I
think I may have actually improved the tone from what it was originally!
Thanks again. :>)
jeannie