[CAUT] Individual replacement hammers (Renner)

maxpiano maxpiano at sc.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 18:47:03 MDT 2008

I've successfuly glued down loose hammer felt with thick CA, I am sure a
hundred times over the years, including on A0.  I met my match today on a
Schimmel grand (Renner action) I tune regularly for recitals.  A0 and A#0
hammers both have felt pulling loose from the molding, and no way I can
force it back.

I assume replacement is the only option.  Where would I find two reasonably
matching hammers to install?  The installation and tail shaping is no
problem, just finding a match to start with.

Bill Maxim