[CAUT] Shameless.... :)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Oct 9 16:28:22 MDT 2008

Just wanted to share with you all my latest work. I'm the selected staff
technician for Norways newest classical musical academy

The Professor Juri Hlinka Academy
<http://trollclassic.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=47>
or
http://trollclassic.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=47
if the link doesn't work directly

If you watch the video as it progresses you will notice two grands on
stage. At this opening concert I had responsibility only for the
Steinway D, since I am their guy here in western Norway. The other grand
is a Bohemia 9 foot and it was tuned and serviced by the factory tech.
I had tuned the Steinway the day before this concert and it was banged
on for about 6 hours of hard practice up until about 3 hours before the
concert at which time I was given 1 hour to re-tune the thing.  It was
then subjected to about 3 hours of very hard use in a concert of both
superstars and highly talented young students.  The Bohemia was used for
only 2 full pieces, about 15 minutes of play.  The Steinway was used for
the rest of the time. After this concert I took over full
responsibilities for all instruments.

The recording itself is unfortunately not of the best quality since it
was primarily a live concert and there were many dignitaries present.
The Steinway held tuning extremely well, and I was of course pleased.
The Bohemia went wild and it was a shame that Prof Hlinka, a Czech
himself was obliged to play on it on the last piece. Its stabilized
since then.  Grin... They took this pic of me and the Ambassador shaking
hands in front of the Steinway... weird... I wish I had it to share with
you all... last thing I ever expected to have happen to me was to find
myself in exactly that kind of situation. Not bad for a preachers kid
from Montana :)

Anyways... quite the honor to be selected for this job.  Please browse
the site a bit to see whats coming up

mvh
RicB