[CAUT] piano covers

joel a. jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Tue Oct 7 22:02:58 MDT 2008

Henry,

I  have used covers of every thickness from Paul Jansen.      Web page
http://www.pljansen.com/
They will also make custom sizes and with a variety of materials.
Mentioning thick covers I
recently ordered a cover from Paul made of vinyl.   The thick cover on
the piano was too heavy
for students and faculty to comfortably lift and place on the piano, so
we ordered the lighter vinyl
  material.   Time will tell if the cover is replaced on the piano more
often than before, but that
problem has been eliminated.

I have noticed that the cover has been on when I have checked, not the
usual situation
in prior years.

Additionally we asked for the cover to be long enough on the sides to
drape to the floor.  Not enough
time has passed, but I think this has helped the humidity system
control the pitch and tuning.
Again, time will tell.

This is what I recommend.  Hope this gives you some ideas you can apply
to your situation.

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI