[CAUT] Very unusual hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Oct 7 20:55:59 MDT 2008

Hi Jim,
	As far as I know, all hammer makers start with moldings already cut,
before felt is applied. Cutting hammers apart is a matter of cutting
the felt, matching the molding (following the edges with the blade).
Now that doesn't mean they couldn't make an exception, and glue up an
uncut molding, but it would be a special order. One of the smaller
makers, like Ronson or Ari Isaac, are good choices as starting points.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu