[CAUT] Very unusual hammers

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Oct 7 15:22:19 MDT 2008

Ask Ray Negron.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu

From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Jim Busby
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 2:55 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] Very unusual hammers

All,

I have a professor who has a special "hammered harp", as he calls it,
which has hammers that are around an inch wide. And they aren't uniform.
Some are a bit wider and some are smaller. He wants to know if anyone
will sell him "a single rail of uncut hammers" that he can slice to any
size he needs. Boy! This is certainly nothing I'm familiar with. BTW,
this man is an exceptional musician and an organ technician, so he ain't
some "nut job".

I don't know any more at this point. Does this sound familiar to
anyone???

I thought maybe Ari would know. Does anyone know Ari's email?

Thanks.

Jim Busby