[CAUT] "You are The Greatest!"

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 14:38:00 PST 2008

List,

The subject line may sound like what the renowned boxer Mohammed Ali would say to his image reflected back to him in a mirror before a bout.  But, I am delighted to report, it is ALSO what a student just said to me as I passed her in the hallway (!!!).  I figured that she had just spilled a drink in a piano or had some other bad news to relay and that she was simply softening me up before the other shoe dropped.  But no, she claims that all of the other institutional piano technicians she has encountered (obviously, no one on this list!) were grumpy and of otherwise generally sour disposition.  After thanking her for making my day (week, month, year...), I told her that maintaining a positive outlook was my way of rebelling against the stereotype.

May you all be similarly blessed (sounds corny, but I really mean it).

Cheers,

Alan Eder

CalArts