[CAUT] shift lever/keyframe interface

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Nov 19 15:39:05 PST 2008

The only thing I would worry about is geometry. Will simple removal of
the leather mean that the shift lever might slam against the key bed
on a heavy-footed blow? Will there still be enough play to get the
shift you want? That kind of thing. In which case, you replace the
leather with equal thickness of wood, maybe a little hardwood insert
(another use for those hornbeam spacers). Noise isn't a problem as far
as I can see.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico