[CAUT] VS Profelt

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 07:40:16 PST 2008

OK, I took the plunge and tried VSP on hammers.

First victim was a Weber by YC, rock hard hammers
which could not be needled and did not respond to steaming
or crimping. A liberal dose on the shoulders now allows my
three-needle voicing tool to glide in (one needle was impossible before).
The tone is surprisingly nice, perfect you might say.
The piano is now marketable where is wasn't before.

Second victim was a S&S B. The reshaped and needled hammers
were still a tad bright, so a little on the crown gave it the smooth
velvety power the owner was looking for.

I guess it lubricates the fibers and reintroduces some resiliency.
--

Regards,

Jon Page