[CAUT] breaking Bolduc glue joint?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 6 17:48:13 PST 2008

> While putting a pedal lyre together yesterday, sleep deprived from
> watching election results, I (1) decided to use some Bolduc glue to
> reattach the lyre posts to the pedal box (first time using the stuff, no
> tech sheet came with the glue), and (2) allowed several interruptions to
> distract me to the extent that I glued the box in backwards!
> What's the best way to go in loosening this new glue joint? Heat?
> Feeling rather stupid,
> Patrick Draine

Patrick,
You're human, apparently. Welcome! We'll compare scars
someday. I haven't used this glue, but I'm told it dries very
hard, which would make impact shock another likely approach.
I'd probably start with heat, and some sort of contrivance to
try to jack the thing apart slowly, moving on to the more
flagrantly destructive approaches if it didn't work.

Luck,
Ron N