[CAUT] keytops

Kidwell, Ted W kidwellt at saclink.csus.edu
Thu Nov 6 12:13:59 PST 2008

I have had great luck with turpentine.

Ted Kidwell, RPT
California State University, Sacramento
Capistrano Hall, rm. 153
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6015
916.278.6737

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of Fred Sturm
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:00 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] keytops

On Nov 6, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Mike Kurta wrote:

> After replacing over 200 sets of keytops, I have settled on solvent
> based contact cement.

About contact cement, I have replaced a few sets of keytops that had
been glued with contact, and found it VERY difficult to get to clean
wood again. The stuff stays gummy and I wasn't able to figure out a
solvent that actually did the job. I ended up scraping, wasting
sandpaper, and cussing a good deal. Has anyone successfully dealt with
this problem?
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico