[CAUT] Teflon AND verdigris?

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 06:45:23 PST 2008

Sometimes you have to say the wrong thing to get the right answer, Thanks
guys. I'm always checking to keep the brain files updated and intact.

I always thought it smelled like a flavored cooking oil. Oil from vegetable
seeds. Anise seeds. That's vegetable oil isn't it?

My question, most all products are biodegrade but does that mean it remains
ph stable as it does so? Non toxic means to humans. There are substances we
eat that will corrode brass easily.

I still don't like using oil on center pins. Oils dry up as they collect
substances from the air. Oiled bearings are only good as long as you keep
oiling them with fresh oil or seal them so the oil cant get contaminated or
sneak away.

Alkaline salts of an acid. I know what it means, it just looks funny.

Keith Roberts