[CAUT] attachments

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 15:25:43 PST 2008

Since about 6:00pm November 2, nearly every post has carried
what appears to me to be an utterly useless attachment, where
prior to that, very few did. Why, and must they? I happen to
use the attachment flag as an indication that someone has
intentionally attached something that is presumably considered
to be of interest (and oddly, often is). When everything in
the mailbox has the flag, and the attachment carries no useful
information that isn't already in the address line, the flag
is rendered effectively useless as a differentiation between
an attached photo, and 42 nested levels of untrimmed replies
with html formatting and dancing smiley faces. Is it really
necessary to arbitrarily kill a useful built in function of
the mail client with this? This is as obnoxious as the .vcf cards.

Disgruntled mail hostage,
Ron N

PS: This message was sent WITHOUT attachments of any kind,
however it arrived.