[CAUT] Grand Truck brace

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue May 20 08:45:54 MDT 2008

Very interesting-

When I arrived here 20 years ago every one of the 9 concert pianos had a
4x4 black painted post secured between the top truck plate and the
beams.   The trucks were ancient or over extended but definitely not as
strong, so the wood posts were necessary to some degree.  I gradually
replaced all of them.  Who knows, maybe the old guys in the carpenter
shop before my time were actually on to something....

cheers,

Dennis Johnson