[CAUT] Steinway school info (Steinway tech...)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed May 7 05:21:00 MDT 2008

Hi Barbara.

Hmmm... yes I do understand the politics of these things... and you are
correct. Thats life... and competition.  Been doing a lot of thinking
lately about human kinds obsession with competition... but thats another
topic and for today I'll not go there.  In a <<better>> (gawd did I use
that word ??) world none of this would be a problem. Egos would not get
in our way but actually help us improve.

As for the recording.  Sounds very much like the Bergen International
Festival last year.  ( Festspillene i Bergen ) and if so it was indeed
my work. Truls Mørk was the cellist.  I had some 45 concerts on that
level at last years festival along with the parallel jazz festival.
Sheesshh... doable (in this climate anyways) but I was beat when the 12
days were finished. This year I am extremely pleased to have Eric
Schandall as my <<assistant>>.  It will be great fun to have a friend to
work with.... quite the opposite conditions from the politics thing
mentioned above.

Cheers
RicB

    Hi Ric,

    It <can> be very political.  Folks who get to go to New York, and
    should who know how to do the work, but don't bother.  Folks who
    know how to do the work, and do it.  Folks who don't know how to do
    the work, but try with not very good results.  It would be nice if
    some dealers were a little
    friendlier about letting local, "non-dealer" techs go to New York.
    But that's life....and politics....and competition.

    Hey, today I was driving between appointments and heard on the show,
    "Performance Today" the Grieg Sonata for Cello & Piano.   The
    announcer said
    it was recorded in Bergen sometime in 2007 Sorry, I can't remember
    what month or the artists' names, and don't recall hearing the
    venue's name either.  Anyway, the piano sounded really great--as did
    the cellist.   Can you recall if that was your work?

    Barbara Richmond, RPT
    near Peoria, Illinois