[CAUT] piano moving stuff

Rick Florence Rick.Florence at asu.edu
Thu Jun 26 10:09:06 MDT 2008

I use the lyre on a regular basis.  I used to say the same thing until about 10 years ago when I decided that I would rather repair a lyre than my back.  I have since learned about the grand lyre stabilizer from QRS.

http://www.qrsmusic.com/downloads/pdf/Lyre%20Stabilizer%20Instructions-1%20(2).pdf

I (we) have used this at ASU for four years now and have yet to repair a lyre, or a broken glue joint.  I initiated it's use for the Institute movers in KC in 2005 with no complications  (we didn't use them on the Disclaviers).  The horse works OK, but it is such a cumbersome thing to lug around and to use with different heights of dollies and skid boards.

Rick Florence
Senior Piano Technician
Arizona State University
School of Music