[CAUT] Which S&S replacement action parts?

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 25 16:49:08 MDT 2008

I'm aware of that one. It has been my admittedly limited experience
that I have at least as good results with the current (and I do mean
current) Steinway parts as with any others I've used. And clearly
better than many I've tried or come across. I do also admit to not
working very hard on generating data. Just paying attention to the
results.

That's results in terms of problems downstream and tone and volume
palette. As in complaints, or occasionally interesting comments, from
the owner or artist. Mostly in customer homes and carefully
chaperoned concert instruments. The "institutional" setting still
feels a bit like new territory to me, so I hope to get to the Oberlin/
Steinway seminar and pick their brains.

Doug

On Jun 25, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Barbara Richmond wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> I may be mistaken, but I don't think it's the price of the parts,
> it's the pinning/flange cloth controversy.  Uh oh, I mentioned
> it...  :-o
>
> Barbara Richmond, RPT
> near Peoria, Illinois
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Wood"