[CAUT] action stack protocol

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Jun 19 07:37:43 MDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Jon Page wrote:

> To insure a nice square fitting on the threads,  invert the bolt on
> a pair of
> hammer head extraction pliers. The prong end straddles the screw on
> top
> and the bolt head supports the button, turn by hand while squeezing
> the pliers
> and it will be tight enough when the button starts spinning on the
> bolt. jpg attchd.

Hi Jon,
	Thanks for the tip!. I have struggled with that problem (getting the
buttons all to be square), and never found a really satisfactory
solution. This looks like the one.
	I don't care for the tool as a hammer extractor, so this will give it
an actual use. (For hammer extractor, I prefer the old Hale geared
tool - for both uprights and grands - that is no longer available. The
tool Jurgen is selling these days is quite nice, too).

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu