[CAUT] action stack protocol

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jun 18 13:25:24 MDT 2008

Conrad,

There is no real let-off rail.  the dowel "pins" are plugged into the
bottom of the hammer rail, which can come off the action brackets if
needed, but with wips off, I would just put it in a cradle, turn it over
and work with dowels facing up.

Is there a power tool to unscrew the dowels?  That would be very cool
indeed.

pw

Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco at luther.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
06/18/2008 01:11 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] action stack protocol

Porritt, David wrote:
> Jon:
>

> Paul said it was for a Baldwin and they have the dowel type let-off
> buttons.  If someone knows an easy way to use a power tool to get them
> on and off I would like to hear that.

Don't those actions have the removable let-off rails?  With their
attachment screws accessible through the hammer flanges? Anything you do
to them could be done out in the open and not in the stack, whether it
is replacing felt or the entire dowel.

Or am I thinking of another action?

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be
used against you.