[CAUT] Louisiana State SOM Position

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Jun 18 04:54:26 MDT 2008

>> I resigned, in part, to help my colleagues in this regard.  Part of my
>> resignation was with respect to my peers and those who come after me.
>> After I resigned, the dean was conveniently able to get the pay band
>> increased (this crap is backwards isn't it?).  Whoever takes this job
>> needs to hold out for higher pay, or my resignation is in vain.

Time will tell, here. I'll be retired in a few years and they'll have to
make that staffing/funding decision here.

They may have had a foretaste of things to come, this spring.  In
mid-March, I had eye surgery for a detached retina two days before a
major concert series event.  There was a bit of excitement trying to get
  that event covered, as well as other things done for the next month,
especially as the RPT who normally steps in when I'm on vacation was
still recovering from rotator cuff surgery.

Not the most pleasant way to do it, but the silver lining might be that
the powers that be have a little better idea of just what the job
entails and how much ($) they would need to cover it after I leave.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076