[CAUT] Compare, contrast, critique, anyone?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jun 12 15:33:29 MDT 2008

Ok, just read through all the replies and the skinny reply by Kent. Very
cool indeed.  I had no idea that digital reproductions of pianosound had
gotten so good that a reasonably priced set of desktop speakers and a
middle of the road Sound Blaster sound card would not reveal obviously
that these were not recordings of an acoustic piano.  But I dare say
there are few who would have thought first in the direction of a
digi-piano given a true blind test.  It might be fun to forward this to
our University piano professors to see what their response is :)

Freds comments with hindsight applied were very agreeable.

I like these sound sample experiments you throw at us Kent.  Keep'm coming.

Cheers
RicB