[CAUT] Working for other departments

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 12 10:14:20 MDT 2008

At South Carolina, I was always of the impression I couldn't work for other departments as a contractor.  Other employees who had attempted to bill other departments for work later were surprised when the amount was taken out of their paychecks.  I typically had to refer other departments to other techs.

The school of music kept the President's House piano, but was not responsible for any other departments, including the larger performing arts venue next door that we regularly use for performances.

Jeff Tanner