[CAUT] Kalman Detrich

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 10:56:43 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/11/2008 7:27:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
csolliday at rcn.com writes:

Hi Arlan,

sorry the subject is sad.
Kalman Detrich (age 72) passed away out here  on Sunday June 8 at Easton
Hospital a few blocks away from my shop. I'm  sure this loss will be felt by many
New York Chapter members and friends as  well others in the world of pianos.
Services will be held Friday,  June 13 at 11am in the James B. Gaffney Funeral
Home, 314 South First  Street, Bangor, PA. Call Friday from 10-11am in the
funeral home. Burial  will be in the St. John's Cemetery, Bangor. Bangor is aprox
an hour and twenty  minutes out Route 80W or Route 78W from the city when
there is not much  traffic.
It was a shock as I was planning to attend his  scheduled talk on the history
of the American Piano at the Slate Belt  Heritage Center on Thursday
(tomorrow). He  was active to the end, and will be, I'm sure, most remembered for the
Museum  of the American Piano which he was founder of and Executive  Director.
This is a sad loss for our Guild and the  industry, he was such a leader and
mentor.
The obituary appeared in the Tuesday, June 10,  2008 edition of the Easton
Express-Times on page B-4. It is  available at _www.lehighvalleylive.com_
(http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/) . click on  Obituaries in the left hand column,
then Kalman Detrich.
Due to my flight plans for the Anahein  Convention I will not be able to
attend the services.
Please inform the friends of Kalman  Detrich.

Thank you,
Chris Solliday  nervp