[CAUT] Compare, contrast, critique, anyone?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Jun 6 07:40:15 MDT 2008

HI Kent,
	All are quite nice. I prefer the third, bbpt, overall, except for the
top octave, which is a little too glassy for my taste. A little, mind
you, but I prefer the top octave of the other two. I don't mind the
sound per se, but it doesn't fit with the rest of the instrument,
sticks out too much. Lovely clarity, a very nice sound, even, a good
range of color, a piano I would be drawn to.
	The first (bbgs) is on the subdued side, very nice but seeming to
lack punch.
	The second (bbig) has a little too much edge in the lower to mid
range to my taste. The overall sound is  not as appealing.
	All this based on listening through my laptop speakers.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu