[CAUT] HELP

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Fri Jul 25 18:38:22 MDT 2008

Paul,
I had un-juiced Ronson Wurzens on my wife's CG (Everett).  It had a
sweet but soft tone.  There were balance problems.  I ended up juicing
up octaves four through the top.  Now it sounds like a miserable
Steinway except for the un-juiced bass!.  I've been needle voicing to
get some more cushion in the crown.  I'm guessing that some of the
lighter (softer) wurzens were put on it.  If I ever have time >and<
money I'll put Abel Naturals/Selects on it.  It has a substantial
soundboard that wants more umph.
I think I'll have to go with Dave on hammer selection.  Get samples
from the manufacturers and test them out on the piano in question.

Have you tried a riblet (or two or three) in that killer octave?
There was an article in the journal on how to make them, or you can
buy them pre-made.

Andrew Anderson