[CAUT] Fw: steinway pedal plate screws

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Jul 24 16:26:12 MDT 2008

Hi Kent,

Can you find this info on thread size?

Thanks.

Paul T Williams RPT

ps  The sheep drawing is coming soon, you artist you! ;>)

PW
----- Forwarded by Paul T Williams/Music/UNL/UNEBR on 07/24/2008 05:23 PM
-----

"David Ilvedson" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
07/24/2008 04:13 PM
Please respond to
ilvey at sbcglobal.net; Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] steinway pedal plate screws

David,

Thanks for time spent to no avail...;-[   I'm wondering whether the new
pedal assemblies available through Steinway have a different plate screw?
You can't get the old screw through them...

David Ilvedson, RPTPacifica, CA 94044
Original messageFrom: "David Skolnik"  To: "College and University
Technicians"  Received: 7/24/2008 12:01:00 PMSubject: Re: [CAUT] steinway
pedal plate screws
Tom & friends,I have devoted an unconscionable number of hours to this
pursuit, to no avail.  The screw dimensions are .2125" (5.4mm) iameter and
28+ tpi.  There must be someone who knows the history of this screw, why
these dimensions were employed and when it might have changed.  At this
point it seems a matter useless curiosity, nothing more.  ThanksDavid