[CAUT] A Project that might Work

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon Jul 21 14:05:31 MDT 2008

Eric / Ed -
Eric, is it fair to assume you have read both of
Ed's posts on the subject?  It sounds, from the
way I read the second, which was a clarification
to Wim, like he is suggesting a very specific
'trial' topic, to see just how the process would
work.   I wonder, in fact, what the harvesting,
and digestion process would entail, but I'm
foolish enough to be interested. You wouldn't
want to leave it up to the individual search
skills of the volunteer, right? You'd need to have some method.

Ed - as you go along, I would like to see you
refine / clarify the focus distinctions between
the Journal, CAUT site, pianopedia, and
refinements in list functioning.  I'm not sure
the initiative can or should be targeted
equally.  You want to harvest the list and create
a definitive document, but, in theory, you need
to know whether that definitiveness reflects all
that was found on CAUT, or whether additional
information would be added, if the CAUT data was
found wanting.  And again, would this ignore
information available on pianotech?

Just some idle thoughts.

Regards

David Skolnik

I'm having more trouble lately deciding what to quote and what to cut.