[CAUT] Pianopedia -was: wrong direction, now - seeking archived discussions

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Jul 20 09:50:43 MDT 2008

Fred -
Thanks for postponing the postmortem, though the discussion may have
to segue into the ethics of life support for the creature.  Just to
make sure our playful references don't become the source of
unintended injury, I would distinguish Dr. Baden, who simply calls it
like he sees it, and Dr. Dead (easily confused with Dr. Death) who is
a facilitator, once he's called.  Chris just called it. Let's not
rile Chris.  I'm not sure he'll take it kindly.

On the other hand, thanks much for answering my questions, or at
least trying to.  You have given me worthwhile additional
information, though, even from that, I suspect that Chris's bottom
line probably remains intact.  It was likely the bedside manner that
put me off.  As much as I'd rather not accept the bleak assessment
regarding the lists' unalterable structure, I assume you know what
you're talking about.

Which leaves all the other aspects of the conversation, and finding a
warm, nurturing home for them to thrive.  There's no reason, per se,
that it need be hosted at ptg.org, but, as facile as it sounds, I
suppose Ron B or Andy Rudoff could create yet 'another list'.

As to the potential for list-behavior modification, for all sorts of
related and unrelated reasons, I have to maintain the belief that
such is possible.  If it is unachievable on such a relatively small
scale, then we, the big we, have much bigger problems than cross
posting or mismatched subject headers.  Let's not get you started.

Thanks again, and though incompetent, I'd do what I can.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson