[CAUT] Pianopedia - Good intentions gone wrong

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sat Jul 19 16:08:17 MDT 2008

At 11:04 AM 7/19/2008, you quoted me:
and said:
>All well and good but when does a topic stay on topic. Usually by the twelfth
>reply the subject is different from the original topic. Would it be
>any different
>on a 'dedicated' topic? Tangently speaking, that ls.

Jon -
I'm not sure what you're saying, especially in relation to the part
of my post that you've quoted, in which  I was simply wondering if
there were alternate ways in which the existing data could be
organized or searched, (without involving intensive editorial
action), or if, in fact, the structure of that data, as it now
exists, is fairly immutable.

>Maybe the exact issue is the fact that you couldn't, (or wouldn't)
>easily, refer to the specific previous discussions you referenced to
>sollidayfy the point you were making. David Skolnik

As to the second part (above)- "Maybe...", taken from Chris's  Sat,
19 Jul 2008 11:55:36 -0400 post, I thought it was clear that I would
have liked to more easily refer back to the discussion he was referencing...
>>Alan M and I and several others tried about 18 months ago, to the
>>best of my recollection, and I'm not going to search it to be more
>>precise  (Chris Solliday)

My point was, what, if anything, given the existing data structure,
would have made greater specificity less onerous, for Chris.

Out of curiosity, I am periodically trying to interact with the list
through the archives, as you do.  How, exactly, do you reply from the
archives?  If you respond, please either do so privately or change
the subject heading.

Thanks -

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY