[CAUT] Harpsichord /Double Reed Society

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Sat Jul 19 13:40:41 MDT 2008

Hi Joel,

Yes. Each of the two concert halls will have one D at A440 and one at A443. Actually, one of the halls has a Hamburg D at A443 and the new Shigeru 9' at A440.

Only one of the harpsichords was requested at A443.

The pianos are impeccable and I have no concerns there. It's the harpsichords that cause me a bit of heartburn because of the ever changing temperature (lights, etc.) and if you even breath heavily around them they seem to need tuning. They're so easy to tune that it's not a problem, but with 4 of them, 4 concert instruments, and 10 practice/lecture venues we'll be kept hopping! I'm not unaccustomed to this sort of pressure. Folks from the Manhattan S of M were here for a week and the Julliard folks will be here in two weeks, along with people from all over the world. It's just these harpsichords... and I am quite the "worrywart" anyway. Hopefully a wall hanging will occur!

Thanks for the thoughts.

Jim