[CAUT] Sostenuto mounting (was Re: Forum format)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jul 18 16:19:08 MDT 2008

Thanks Mike, Del, for the replies. I don't know why or when
the thing was moved to the action, but it's been there for a
long time now with no indication it was a patented idea. Seems
odd to me that something lying out there in the open,
figuratively speaking, unprotected by patent, wouldn't be
stolen by at least one manufacturer in all those years unless
no one else thought it worth stealing. I'd love to know why
someone at Steinway considered it an idea good enough to
implement, and worth keeping.

Ron N