[CAUT] Posting Format (was:Requirements for contributing/posting)

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 18:36:24 MDT 2008

Pigeon-holing subjects to a subscribed format defeats the
purpose/intent of the lists
which is a free and open exchange of ideas. There is the possibility
of 6000 subjects
of which one could subscribe. Exposure to every bit of information
benefits everyone.

Search ability of the internet precludes the need for
sub-sub-sub~inf. on minutia.

If you need to gather the information to a concise source then do as someone
suggested a few weeks ago: copy the relevant text to your favorite
text document
format; build you own data base. I've already done that, it sure
beats saving info as e-mails.  Besides, if you loose the data, it's
still there in the archives. I used to save
all sorts of good stuff and after a few HD crashes I saw the futility in it.

Request: Keep it concise. Time is important.
--

Regards,

Jon Page