[CAUT] Managing "on-line" time

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Jul 14 14:34:19 MDT 2008

Good points Alan.

I too don't want to spend the time to read each pianotech post, so once a month or so I read the archives. Generally, here's how I do it.

1. Anything on a topic I don't care about gets deleted w/o being read.
2. Anything Ron Nossaman writes, I read. (And Del, and a few others...)
3. On a topic I like I generally read comments from those I trust first
4. After a while, when the topic seems to be beaten to death, I go on to the next topic.

Managing my time "on line" has been an eye opener. It's estimated that we (Americans)waste 2 hours per day on this and other "stuff". I generally clock out of work to answer/read mail if it's longer than about 15 miinutes.

Jim Busby BYU