[CAUT] Requirements for contributing - Time to chill?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Jul 12 09:12:34 MDT 2008

On Jul 12, 2008, at 6:46 AM, David Skolnik wrote:

> It may be time to step back,

	Yes, I think we have probably aired the issues sufficiently for this
venue. For some reason Chris Solliday chose to "harass" Kendall about
membership (singling him out personally), and Kendall responded
eloquently (though a bit too copiously) about his reasons for not
being a member (raising a number of additional topics concerning PTG
membership and RPT status and testing along the way).
	PTG, membership, testing, RPT status, are all important to all of us,
but I don't think we need to hash these things out at length on this
list. I thank Kendall for taking the time to expound his own point of
view. We don't often hear that point of view "from the outside," as
"outsiders" aren't often part of our conversation. Several caut
subscribers are politically active in PTG, and now these ideas and
opinions have been brought to their attention.
	Should there be a desire to pursue this particular topic further, I
understand it is quite easy to set up another listserv (it doesn't
have to be ptg-l, and meet with any requirements for participation).
Or people can do it the old-fashioned way, and simply create a group
and hit "reply all" (off list).
	Meanwhile, I, for one, wish to welcome Kendall to the caut list. It's
good to have someone who writes intelligently and politely, and who
has insight and curiosity to offer.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico