[CAUT] Requirements for contributing/posting; RPT status

Kendall Ross Bean kenbean at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 11 17:04:30 MDT 2008

David~

Thank you so much. This is very eloquent and articulate, and down-to-earth.

It is also a great relief! -and most helpful.

Thank you for your generosity in taking the time to compose this, and to
explain things.

It makes a lot of sense. Yes, this really helps clarify what the differences
are between CAUT and Pianotech, and provides some background on the issues.

And yes, I have felt the proselyting push of the PTG, and it has not been
insignificant. (See my recent post: Thoughts on being a Guild member or
non-member)

David, by the way,

Is it really true that only RPT's with a current, paid up RPT certification
card should be allowed tune people's pianos? ;-) .

I admit,  I'm having a little trouble with this marketing concept. (-as are
some other technicians I know. Tell me it isn't so.)

(I realize these forums are hosted and sponsored by the PTG, (for which I am
grateful) and I don't mean to be inappropriate, off color, or out-of-line in
my questions, but I'm just trying to understand if 1) what I have heard is
true and 2) if true, the rationale behind it: how this can possibly be
expected to work in the larger tuner/technician community that includes
those who aren't members of the PTG.)

Sincerely~

~Kendall Ross Bean

PianoFinders