[CAUT] hamburg steinway d

jbairdrpt at comcast.net jbairdrpt at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 20:41:49 MDT 2008

This is old information, some recent history of Hamburg Steinway D pricing that you may find a little bit helpful. Five years ago I was asked to give an appraised value for a customer's new Hamburg D.

7/5/03 Ron Coners, Stwy Ny told me $108,000 for a Hamburg Steinway D. Same date, same conversation (at the Convention, of course), Hartwig Kalb of Steinway in Hamburg, Germany said 92,000 Euro for a D in Germany. The Euro/Dollar exchange rate has changed drastically since then. I also called a British dealer in London who said $124,604 (converted in '03 from that currency) plus shipping $2,448 and VAT of 17.5%. I'm not sure if the VAT is added when the sale is for export. Maybe Allen Wright would know.

So, for what it's worth.

John Baird
From: "David Ilvedson" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>