[CAUT] University piano replacement program

tony amastadonna at neo.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 11:39:19 MDT 2008

Fred,

I couldn't agree more......... Once again it is the juggling act between the
unpredictability of the Faculty and the priority demands for the performance
and teaching instruments.
No one likes to lower their tonal standards. But most colleges and
Universities I've experience have the practice room verticals as the lowest
priority at least for tuning.

My simple question is, if the tone of a "Mid -priced" (not least expensive)
vertical piano is less desirable, but cost affordable, would that be a
reasonable compromise for the non-pianist practice rooms? Given these
instruments seam to have a history of tuning stability, wouldn't this be the
logical place to compromise?

Tony