[CAUT] a simple question

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Tue Jul 1 07:54:56 MDT 2008

Paul,

2 hours should be plenty enough.  This assumes that you have a somewhat tight fit of the shank in the hammer...  You could probably make it with just waiting an hour or an hour and a half anyhow.  After about an hour I randomly pick a hammer and lightly wiggle it just to see that the glue is setting up correctly...  P.S Have you tried the trim and molding Titebond yet?  I have found it to be more desirable for hanging hammers than the other stuff.  That's just me though.  It seems to set up a bit quicker and is not as challenging to deal with if you need to go back and remove a hammer that you have hung.  Good luck!

Shawn Brock, RPT