[CAUT] The Piano Horse

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Jan 10 14:02:01 MST 2008

Doug,

Ditto what Dave said. It's a bit scary to use on a non-carpeted floor because it acts like it wants to slip out... (Never has though) We seldom use it anymore, preferring young muscles over us old guys.

There is another option that I like, and I can't remember his first name but last name of Brown, in the Boston area. He invented a thing which truly is a one man tilter. I didn't buy one and just tried to Google it and couldn't find it. It's a much more stable, bigger "board" that lays the whole piano over easily. He was willing to sell it, or give you the plans.

I also remember seeing a mechanized one somewhere. A bit overkill $$ wise though.

Jim Busby