[CAUT] pictures of new key weighting pattern

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Wed Jan 9 08:15:10 MST 2008

Tim and Alan,
 My experience is that putty is better for redrilling. For one thing there
is no glue line and also if there is any horizontal cracking you can clean
it up/tighten it up with the Liquid Wood and Putty mix. With staining you
can produce a close to key look too. I know techs who prefer putty because
they say it's faster, but I have found it is better to wait the full five
days after installation before messing with it. So actually plugs are faster
unless your glue cure is slow. BTW after 35 years at this I am officially
removing fast from my offerings to customers, along with cheap which fell by
the wayside when I realized there isn't any competition in this business
except with my own demons. So "good, fast or cheap, pick two" now becomes
"good, this is what it costs and I'll call you when it's finished."
"Life can be a dream... shaboom."
Chris Solliday