[CAUT] Taxes (was "PTG dues"

Carl Root carldroot at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 17:33:16 MST 2008

A posted list of "red flags" would be interesting, actually, if you
have the time.

This raises the question of whether on not you should take a
legitimate deduction, knowing that it could flag your return.
Sometimes it makes sense to hold it, then bring it out if you're
audited to make sure that they're the ones who owe you money.  Trying
to nickel and dime uncle sam every year, an attitude that is all too
common, never made much sense to me, for a variety of reasons.

Carl