[CAUT] "Cross papering" - was; pictures of new key weighting pattern

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 8 12:14:21 MST 2008

Thank you, Jim.  Yes, I know about cross papering.  It was the layers of
full length strips I was referring to.

I don't know if there is anything wrong with it technically, but I've seen
some pretty "tall" flanges.  Sometimes I've peeled off all the paper and
everything was fine...

Occasionally I leave the screw partially in the rail to paper, but often I
take it off so I can get just the right amount of paper at the right spot.
I also vary the width of the strips--am I just fooling myself that it makes
a difference?  Seems like it does.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois