[CAUT] Mason & Hamlin agraffes

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Mon Jan 7 15:22:03 MST 2008

I did have an (agraffe) buzz I chased all over a new piano I was
prepping without success eliminating it.  Then as part of my tuning
stabilization, I lifted the strings.  Voila, the loud buzz was
cured.  Heard another softer buzz and found another string buzzing in
its agraffe.  Grabbed it with the string hook and swung it back and
forth and eliminated it.  If you can isolate a buzz to a string it
most definitely is in the termination at the agraffe/capo.
This was an a new Heintzman, much better than average chinese fair
but it did have these issues.

Andrew Anderson