[CAUT] CA glue app. to bridge pins

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Jan 6 21:30:52 MST 2008

If the false beat is a function of oscillations due to movement at the top
of the bridge pin (where it enters the bridge) then CA can firm up that
connection and remedy the problem.  Traditionally, bridge pin holes have
been drilled to bottom out in the hole and then filed off level for
aesthetic reasons.  Whether the pin bottoms out or not is of no tonal
consequence (in my view).  Better to drill the hole slightly deep and tap
the pins in to the desired height above the bridge than after much work to
insure a good fit to then take a file and push them back and forth while
heating them up with the file to pin friction.  Of course, if you really
like that filed-top-of-the-pin look then you don't have much choice but I
choose to avoid that when possible.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com