[CAUT] PTG Dues

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jan 4 01:55:57 MST 2008

That strikes me as kind of like asking an employer to pay your union
dues :)... not quite the best analogy but not the worst either me
thinks. As to courses and seminars...  depends on the situation.  If the
school is has some direct benefit from some particular training I get...
then I talk to them about it and either they do or dont.  Most of these
things are tax deductible and if I am not mistaken you cant mix your P's
and Q' there.  If you get support... you have to declare it as income
over here and don't get to deduct that amount as an expense.  Sometimes
its just not worth the bother of all the paperwork to do anything but
just pay for it yourself.

Cheers
RicB

    List,

    I have a quick question;  Have any of you asked the schools of music to
    reimburse part or all of your PTG dues as ongoing education?

    Thanks for any input...

    Paul T. Williams RPT
    UNL