[CAUT] Young Chang action troubles (?)

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Wed Sep 26 08:46:34 MDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:59 PM, Keith Roberts wrote:

> It's the expanding action brackets. You can get new ones I believe.
> The company that was making the actions for YC had a bad batch of
> pot metal when the made the brackets. It was under warrenty and
> takes about 5 hours to change them out.
>
> Keith Roberts

I do think I recently heard that Y/C isn't providing them for free
anymore, but at least they are still available.  You will also find
these on other Y/C products.  We've got some Wurlitzers Y/C made
which all have the problem.  I spent most of a day on both the pianos
I've replaced the brackets on, reregulating where other technicians
had tried to regulate out the problem and it just kept getting worse.

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina