[CAUT] measuring wippen weight

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Wed Sep 26 07:50:31 MDT 2007

Hey, Barbara,

In my (limited) experience, most of the time the wippen heel is very close
to being directly under the center of mass of the wippen.  In other words,
if you measure WW in the prescribed manner vs. just putting the wippen on
the scale, you will see very little difference in the scale reading.  It is
possible that you just moved the heel from slightly in front of the CM to
slightly behind it.  Try putting a wippen on the scale and just weighing it.
If it is a little over 17, chances are your new WW is just a little over the
actual weight.

My weighty opinion,
Ken Z.

--