[CAUT] Harpsichord strings breaking

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Fri Sep 21 16:33:38 MDT 2007

Have you tried to calculate the string tensions on a few problematic
notes?  That would help you to know what is going on.

There is free software out there for that.  You can also use PScale on
their website for free to make a few calculations.  As well, I think
Ric B. was looking into compiling a few different spreadsheets and
coming up with a workable one for piano technicians...  Don't know the
outcome of that...

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440